The main objective of the Severo Ochoa program is to identify those Spanish centers that carry out excellent research activities and that demonstrate a position of international leadership in their respective areas of knowledge. The ITQ has obtained this prestigious award for the third time in the 2021 call under the leadership of Prof. Hermenegildo Garcia (IP of the project), with funding of €4M for a period of 4 years and the financing of 10 predoctoral contracts. The main objectives of the program are (i) to promote the Institute’s young researchers, providing them with the means to develop high-quality research and thus successfully consolidate their future; (ii) to encourage collaboration between groups within the Institute, promoting synergies and favoring cohesion; and (iii) to increase the visibility of the Institute, increasing internationalization by promoting exchanges of doctoral students as well as collaborations and participation in international projects.
- Dr. Yong Peng has received two prestigious Thesis Awards recognizing and rewarding his excellence in research.November 14, 2023
- A NOx catalyst based on the research carried out in the group reaches the pre-industrial phase in collaboration with ThyssenNovember 14, 2023
- We are part of the MOF2H2 projectNovember 14, 2023
- Two EIC HORIZON PATHFINDER projects grantedNovember 14, 2023
- Two new PERTE projects grantedNovember 14, 2023